Edument Education

Call us : 93203 77777
Mumbai (Head Office)
Bldg 3, Office 507, 
Navjivan Society, 
Lamington Road, Mumbai 8.


US Immigration for Athletes - The P-1 Visa

Generally, the P-1 visa is suitable for individual or team athletes that are internationally recognized. This means a high level of achievement, evidenced by a degree of skill and recognition substantially above that ordinarily encountered so that the achievement is renowned or well known in more than one country. The athlete must enter to US to participate in a competition, event or performance. This includes promotional appearances and can also include an entire season.

B-1 Visa - Doing Business in the USA :
  Generally, nationals of countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) need not obtain a visa to perform regular business activities in the United States of America. VWP participants include, among others, most Western European countries.

B-1 in Lieu of H-1B Visa - Doing Business in the USA
This visa is somewhat unusual as it allows the holder to work in the US, yet does not require the filing and approval of a petition to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services like most work visas do. It also does not involve a US employer. This may in rare circumstances cause problems when the holder enters the United States of America. Please consult with one of our US immigration specialists for more information concerning this issue.

H-1B Employer Sponsored US Work Permit
Generally, the H-1B visa is designed to enable US employers hire foreign workers in specialty occupations on a temporary basis. A specialty occupation is one that requires (a) the theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge and (b) the attainment of a bachelor or higher degree in the specific specialty (or its equivalent) as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States of America.